Sunday, May 26, 2024

Day 9: Great Barrier Reef

 Great Barrier Reef

Hi my name is Anna McDonald, and I am a rising junior at Syracuse. I’m from Maryland and am a sport management major with a minor in sport event management.


The trip to the Great Barrier Reef took about two hours through rough ocean waters. On the way there the boat crew taught us about the marine life we might see, proper scuba diving and snorkeling techniques, and told us what to expect from the day.


Arriving at the reef was beautiful, from the boat you could see some of the corals and the water was very very blue. I got the opportunity to scuba dive for the first time and it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done. I got to see some many different types of fish and all the corals. After the first dive we ate lunch and had the opportunity to dive or snorkel again, this time I just snorkeled which was just as cool. If we weren’t in the water we got to sit on the top deck of the boat where many of us tanned.


On the way back most of the group was pretty tired and many of us fell asleep. After arriving back to Cairns me and a few of the other girls got dinner on the main boardwalk. Once dinner was done I went to bed early to get ready for the free day where I will be skydiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: A Day at the Beach, Rugby Fun, and an Exciting Sharks Game

Today was packed with activities and a ton of fun. We started off with a 45-minute drive from our hotel to the beach, full of excitement for...