Sunday, May 19, 2024

Day 4: Free Day in Melbourne!

Hello! My name is Sean Cullen and I am a rising junior majoring in sport management with a minor in emerging sport enterprise. We were given a day today to explore the city of Melbourne however we would like to.

My day started at around 9:00am when I endured a surprising and unfortunate cold shower. My day quickly got better as I met up with some friends and searched for some breakfast. We came across a stand that serves breakfast burritos in which I will most likely be returning at some point throughout my time here in Melbourne. We then went back to our hotel and caught the second half of the Mavericks v. Thunder NBA playoff game. 

We then reentered the city and decided to check out one of the malls in Melbourne. After some brief shopping, I dropped off my purchases back at the hotel and rested for a bit. Shortly after, some of us headed off to the Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium. While seeing penguins for the first time was surreal, looking at large sharks a couple days before going scuba diving may not have been the smartest move of the afternoon. 

My last activity of the day was dining at a restaurant called "Ghost Donkey," solely because of the name. While I expected a Mexican style restaurant, it turned out to be a very relaxed and calm bar/lounge with beautiful decor. After about an hour of just hanging around there, we all departed and went back to our hotel to prepare for an early morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: A Day at the Beach, Rugby Fun, and an Exciting Sharks Game

Today was packed with activities and a ton of fun. We started off with a 45-minute drive from our hotel to the beach, full of excitement for...