Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Day 1: Travel

 Hi Everyone My name is Ethan Canals-Fernández and I am a rising sophomore at SU majoring in Sport Management with a minor in real estate. Today is day 1 of travel for most but for me I am already half way to Melbourne! I decided to leave a day earlier to be able to acclimate to the time difference before the fun begins. Though this is not my first time traveling to the oceanic continent it is my first time going to Australia. I am extremely excited to learn about the rapid growing sports culture here as well as attending some local games. 

At this point many students should have completed there research paper which is meant to provide us with a solid understanding of Australia.  Each student wrote about different things but for me I chose to write about the economic growth as well as racial issues in sports in Australia. Through this paper I was able to see how rapidly the sport sector is growing as well as the positive affect it has on the economy.

For all of my Wednesday I was in the air en route to Sydney my layover before heading to Melbourne. On the plane I was treated to dinner as well as several snacks. I also watched watched a couple of movies one being Land of Bad which was a movie about a Delta team getting ambushed by an enemy and a rookie officer through everything refuses to to leave his team through all the issues he went through. The Movie was extremely interesting and I really enjoyed it especially when eating dinner.  Besides watching the movie I slept a lot trying to match my sleep schedule to Australia's time zone. 

I am extremely excited for the trip to begin and to learn about sports and culture in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: A Day at the Beach, Rugby Fun, and an Exciting Sharks Game

Today was packed with activities and a ton of fun. We started off with a 45-minute drive from our hotel to the beach, full of excitement for...